Tuesday, May 26, 2009

MORE HEADLESS TORSOS-Last one, I promise.

Happy Memorial Day, I hope you had a great barbeque or whatever it is that you do on this holiday.

I Had a wonderful weekend, I met two illustrator friends from Brazil , The amazing Hiro Kawahara, illustrator extraordinaire (above image) and Ricardo Antunes, the gracious publisher of Ilustrar Online Magazine, which I highly recommend. Go ahead and click on the link and download & enjoy every single issue.

Thank you, both so much for the visit, I do hope to see you soon in Sao Paulo.




I felt so inspired after Hiro and Ricardo left, I finished my latest "skulptch" or "Skelpt" "if you'd prefer. Which is the last installment in the "Low-Budget-Cheap-Bastard- Sketch-Sculpt" Series. The scooter ended up being too small for the woman but what the fuck, still, I had a great time messing around with my recycled plastilina Roma.

BTW: I am NOT cheap, just lazy.


I'll be back in a couple of days, until then: Keep on drawing.

Abrazos,
—Alberto




22 comments:

Nils said...

Your work is always amazing ! Totally found of ;)

karrlamkass said...

Eres un gran maestro.
sigo tu blog desde hace tiempo y me encata todo lo que haces.
saludos desde Murcia (SPAIN)

LordBishop08 aka Earl said...

Awesome as usual, Alberto! Bravo!

André Kishimoto said...

Wow, really nice work!

I saw your picture with Hiro and Ricardo at Montalvo's blog (another great brazilian illustrator). First thing that came to my mind: "Will there be a Brandstudio book with Hiro's sketches?"

Btw, I heard about Brandstudio a couple of years ago while browsing Hiro's blog (and since then I can't stop getting some books now and then from you hehe)

Cheers!

Steffi said...

Oh, wow, this is way too cool!! Love the shapes and the scooter is perfect!

GOGOPEDRO said...

That sculpt is looking pretty awesome..
great work...

P

Dramiro said...

Sigo pensando que, a ti, no se te puede dejar solo con un monton de barro. Cuando vuelves no sabes con que Tia mazizorra te vas a encontrar. Jejejejejeje

Quien tuviera tu constancia y tu genialidad.

Un abrazo hermano

David

Gringo said...

Excelente escultura y arte! Al menos en la escultura lo haces ver tan fácil... saludos desde Ecuador!

Bobby Chiu said...

dude... you're awesome. I've always wanted to learn to sculpt better.

Mike Feeney said...

Sweet!!!

Dave said...

Alberto! Looks great - these would make sweet vinyls, dude.

joverine said...

wow great job on this one man
last one? why!? luv seeing these'although the addition of a head wouldn't make it worse ;)

Process Junkie said...

Yo! Thanks for the comments, everyone.

y u s t e said...

son una maravilla tus esculturas, me encantan, y ese trazo tuyo tan suelto es genial.

Saludos y respetos desde el sur de españa!

Amaroo said...

Damn, you are the Midas of art! :)

great stuff as usual, can't wait to see it finished

Thorsten Hasenkamm said...

Awesome again!

Dramiro said...

Alberto le ando yo pensando, recuerdame que para el próximo envio que te haga te envie un buen suministro de perchas, por que si no tu mujercita te las va ha hacer pagar... y muy caras como te coja. ;-D

Un abrazo

Reynes said...

Still very interesting to follow the step by step process and to see how you convert your 2D style in 3D.

Raghu Gopalan said...

great ,as always

:)

Faboun'e said...

Soooo Great !
I'm Fan !...

Lady Guedes said...

Oh, yeah! Hiro rocks! Thank God we know it here in Brazil.
:-)
Fernanda Guedes

gureiduson said...

Hi there,
Hey, when come to Brazil, don't forget to inform everybody, ok? ;)