Saturday, March 01, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BRANDSTUDIO PRESS!



Yup! Brandstudio Press LLC. is celebrating its first year of existence as a publishing house catering to the best independent artists in this miserable planet. March 8th 2007 was the date, exactly a week from today I made the announcement that rocked the world! . . . our little artistic world, that is.

To celebrate this milestone, we are happy to announce new books coming this Spring and Summer, some of which you've seen in previous posts. This new batch will include more of the award winning work of Brandstudio Press alumni, such as: Mattew Stewart, Erwin Haya, Andrew Robinson, Phil Noto, Francisco Herrera, Humberto Ramos and other notables who are working on exciting new material, which I have no doubt will rock your respective worlds for sure.

As if that wasn't enough, —and with us, nothing is ever enough— we're exploding with joy to help bring to you sketchbooks and art books by 'newcomers' like Frank Cho, Michael Golden, Shane Glines, J. Scott Campbell, Jose Lopez, Martin Wittig among other whippersnappers.

What started in my basement as an idea to beat the industry at its own game, with a group of adventurous friends who took a huge leap of faith, has now taken a life of its own and I can not be prouder, as you can well imagine.

Add to that pile of fine books by fine people, our own populist product called "EYE CANDY FROM STRANGERS V 01" which I've been told by our printer will be available in a few weeks, and we can certainly have a lot to look forward to this Summer.

None of this, of course, could have been possible without your undying support. Now, I can't speak for the other artists involved and although I wish I can take credit for the success of this 'community', as I like to call Brandstudio Press, I know all too well, they are the driving force behind this beautiful madness, I'm positive they also thank you for supporting their endeavors.

I wanted to offer a little something back, I can't undercut the artists by lowering their books' prices but I can certainly take a few bucks off my own books, not forever but at least for a week. So from today March first until midnight, March 8th those of you who wish to purchase the best seller "Straight Curves" and "Chola/Jalapeño Lollipops" can do so at a major discount.


"Straight Curves" —Click HERE to see preview—will sell for $19.95 (originally $30) and Chola/Jalapeño Lollipops" —Click HERE to see preview— will cost you $14.95 (regular price $24.95). This deal will only last until March 8th so I urge you to take advantage of it and order often.

Click on the button below to order your copy of "Chola/Jalapeño Lollipops":



Click on the button below to order your copy of "Straight Curves":




T SHIRTS AND CONDOMS Part 2



In addition to that offer, those of you who during this week of celebration buy 5 or more books will receive a free 100% cotton beefy Tee shirt, silkscreened (full back and front) in two colors valued at $20. in the comments box please specify size. Large, extra large, medium or small. Sorry , no XXL at this time.

If any of you have already bought over 5 books during the past year and want to acquire the shirt, you will automatically get it for free with your next order, I know who you are. Or (if you're not going to buy anymore books from us, ever) just send me $15 which includes shipping and handling in the USA Email me for more info or if you have any questions.

For the folks outside of the USA who had bought in excess of 4 books in the past, same thing, I will send you the free shirt with your next order, if you never bought any books from us and are interested in buying the shirt, send me an email and we'll work something out.

Here's the shirt in question:




As always, thank you all for your support.



Abrazos,
—Alberto

28 comments:

flaviano said...

Frank Cho, Michael Golden, Shane Glines, J. Scott Campbell, Jose Lopez, Martin Wittig?
are you serious??!!!
you not so far to become one of the best publisher ever!
thanks for your work and congrats for the anniversary
cheers!

Craig Zablo said...

Congratulations, my friend. Glad to hear the year has been a good one for you. Hope to see you at Heroes!

Process Junkie said...

Flaviano: I'm deadly serious!, unless these fine people decide to drop out, they're all in and this is just the beginning.

I am not technically a publisher, think of me as a recreational drug pusher :)

Craig: Thanks, buddy, I'll see you in Charlotte for sure!

nelson said...

Si en una año has hecho todo lo que visto, con seguridad tu próximo aniversario será incomparable, estoy seguro. Saludos desde el otro hemisferio, y por favor, no dejen de hacerlo.

Process Junkie said...

Gracias, Nelson. Vamos a continuar hasta que nos digan basta. :)

oliver said...

dibujas unas mujeres fantásticas!!! bravo!!!

Bobby Chiu said...

happy anniversary Brand Studio! Kei and I miss having you around at the conventions. Good news is that we're going to Charlotte for the first time so we'll see you there if we don't see you in Calgary.

Process Junkie said...

Bobby: I miss you hanging out with you guys too. By the time I make it to Calgary, we'll have a lot of catching up to do

Oliver: Thank you Señor!

Powell said...

Congrats on the Anniversary!!! Keep these wonderful books coming!!!

Mike Feeney said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. You are the best!!!

ragnar said...

Congrats Alberto! It's so nice to see people follow through on their plans. Way to make it happen!

ValentinoElMasFino said...

Congrats, on your success Alberto. I know it's been a lot of work from you to put together some great books. And I want to thank you and the artist who contributed for everything you've done to give us these high quality books. Keep up the good work my friend. I hope to see you again in July at SDCC.

I look forward to adding all these future titles to my Brandstudio collection.

Michael said...

congrats man!
happy one year

RedRooster said...

Congrats! Those shirts are bad ass!

COMIKXGUY said...

big congrats buddy :)

that's 6+ to the collection

Process Junkie said...

Yo, thank you, guys for the well wishes and all. Feel as if this is my birthday or something.

I need to print more shirts!

GOGOPEDRO said...

congrats captain Ruiz....

the Grand POOBAH of indy published artbooks.....

what in the world happened to eye candy though.

P

GOGOPEDRO said...

HOORAY......BOOKS COMING SOON.

P

Process Junkie said...

Heh, heh!

That was weird :P

Jason Newkirk said...

awesome, and congrats Alberto! You have the best talent for your endeavors! smart man! Big fan of what you are doing....

Eric Talbot said...

Way to go man! Dig the star bra.

Jamar said...

Alberto -

Congrats! I haven't broken my buying brandstudio books cherry yet, but never-the-less it's a great anniversary for all of us that you have made this available.

Best,
Jamar

BarryO said...

I remember when I was a young Whipper-Snapper, 'ol Brandstudio Press was just bein' born. There wernt but a handful o' them books. Now look at it... There's millions I tellya MILLIONS! Just lookit 'em all out there. It's a beautiful thing. The sun on your face, and books all around, books...

Process Junkie said...

Eric Talbot: Yo! Eric? is that you? of course it's you!
Damn, man, nice to hear from you again, thanks for stopping by, hope to see you soon.

Jason: Thanks, buddy! I guess I won't be seeing in Seatle this year, huh?

Barryo: Books be rainin' from the heavens an' shit!

This is my dream come true, make no mistake. :)

Dario Reyes said...

Discriminación en Brandstudio press!!!

¿Cómo que no hay XXL?
¿Acaso aquellos que tenemos "cuerpitos mas grandes que la gente promedio" no merecemos tener una "remera" (aka T-shirt)?

já!

Muchisimas felicidades por el festejo de un año de existencia, que lo disfruten y vamos por muchos años mas...

Saludos.

io, Daríus.

fa1th_ said...

Muchisimas felicidades amigo

Process Junkie said...

Dario: Je, je! "cuerpitos" ? asi los llaman ahora, eh? :D

Quizás para la próxima tendremos las remeras que te ajusten. Gracias compadre.

Fa1th: Gracias muchas!

Shannon said...

Congratulations & Happy Anniversary!
Looking forward to more awesome goodness!