Thursday, March 20, 2008

EYE CANDY FROM STRANGERS LIVES!






First Annual Eye Candy From Strangers v1.0
The much anticipated ECFS best of 2007 is a reality. The first Annual (first of many I do hope) has been divided into two 48 page volumes, for a couple of reasons, first and foremost I wanted to create as many covers as possible. I didn't want to just do the alternate cover with the same material. Perhaps I'll do that with the Deluxe volume, if and when we do one. over 130 different artists contributed to this effort, you will be blown away by the sheer size of these books 12 inches wide by 9.5 inches tall, most of the art is full-bleed, full color, big and beautiful and the art, well, nothing but gorgeous ladies, sketched, drawn and painted, representing all corners of the world including lots of entries from the US, China, Australia, England, Spain, Brazil, El Salvador, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, just to name the few that come to mind. Some of these artists you already know and love, others you have no clue about but you're about to find out and you are going to love them. The art also represents a wide variety of styles and illustration techniques. This is not just the "United Nations" club but also an incredibly inspiring and motivating book.

This set of books should become essential material and I have no doubt will find a special place in your personal library.

Special Price
These books will be sold in stores for the price of $29.95 each, but BrandstudioPress.com is going to be the only place in the world where you can find them for $24.95 each. Because these are formatted differently and are actually, bigger than our usual books, our production costs jumped substantially but our prices won't.

We will start shipping them next week, so feel free to place your order and secure your copy before they sell-out.

To The Contributing Artists
Your complimentary copy also will begin shipping next week, if you are not sure your art was chosen, do not fret, I will notify you via email and request your current address. As per our submission agreement, you are entitled to one copy of the book in which your artwork appears. Your only obligation is to help cover the shipping cost. If your art happens to appear in both books, then you'll receive two books. Also, if you  would like to purchase additional copies of the book(s) that features your artwork(s), you can do so at 50% off the cover price, that is $14.97 USD, you can buy up to 10 copies at this price, any additional copies beyond the limit 10, can be purchased at $24.95. Please let me know via email how many extra copies (if any) you will need. 


IMPORTANT!!: if you don't receive an email from me, chances are your piece didn't make it. Although every effort was made in including all winning entries, there were some that got left out, mainly for lack of space. If you were promised a spot in the book and your art did not make it this time, no worries, you will be included in this year's ECFS hardcover book.



ECFS v1.0 book 1

Retail Price: $29.95 US Dollars BRANDSTUDIOPRESS.COM PRICE $24.95
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-93-0
Oversize 12 3/8x9 3/4, landscape orientation 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Ships Next Friday. Click on the button below to order your copy:



















All images are copyright © 2007, 2008 Their individual Owners, book design © 2007, 2008 Alberto Ruiz/Brandstudio Press, please don't reproduce without permission.





ECFS v1.0 book 2

Retail Price: $29.95 US Dollars BRANDSTUDIOPRESS.COM PRICE $24.95
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-93-3
Oversize 12 3/8x9 3/4, landscape orientation 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Ships Next Friday. Click on the button below to order your copy:




















All images are copyright © 2007, 2008 Their individual Owners, book design © 2007, 2008 Alberto Ruiz/Brandstudio Press, please don't reproduce without permission.


As always, Thank you for your support!


Abrazos,
—Alberto

47 comments:

Neil said...

Those look great, man! I love that Bagger43 cover. I have a feeling that I'll be droping lots of $ at the Brand Studio Press booth at Heroes. Better start saving.

Ben Baker said...

Hi,
Who did the cover of "ECFS book1"? It's really nice!
-Thanks-

Neil said...

Ryan Hungerford

Pop-Monkey said...

Wow! I'd almost forgotten these were coming, but they look great! Can't wait to get a copy of each, and hopefully I'll get my act together enough to submit some stuff for the next go-around!

GOGOPEDRO said...

AAAAAWWWWWWW DAMN.

My Checkbook just got lighter.
Can't wait to see them in the flesh... I'll holler at you soon to see if I can come and pick them up.

P

13toon's said...

hello alberto it has been a while hope all is well and man these books look amazing, i can't wait to get me a copy. well bye 4 now

Mike Feeney said...

Put my order in! :) Thanks for putting these all together Alberto

Process Junkie said...

ben-baker, neil: Actually, Ryan Hungerford illustrated the cover of ECFS book 2, Dennis Brown painted the cover of book 1.

pop-monkey: Elephants never forget.

13toon's: Hiya there, Jon! See you soon.

Mike Feeney: No, thank you for buying them.

Reynes said...

Wow, they look great !
Thanks Alberto for this great opportunity. I can't wait to get my copies ! :)

Neil said...

Heh, heh. Roops. I got the books mixed up with the artists. Didn't mean to mis-inform. I guess I should leave the posting to the blog owner, huh?

Process Junkie said...

Reynes: you are indeed welcome, anytime, thanks for being such a big part of it. How's your Brandstudio Press sketchbook coming along? I'm ready to publish it now. Send me an email ;)

Neil: No worries, mate, you meant well.

ONESICKINDIVIDUAL said...

dude! they came out great, bro. you, sir, are off to another, if not better year of... well, awesomeness!

Process Junkie said...

Thanks for contributing to this volume, Erwin, I hope to have you participate again this year.

BarryO said...

Congratulations to you Alberto and all of the contributors. It looks great!

Rick Lacy said...

This looks gods damn spanking awesome! Nice work Ruiz at getting so much great artwork together!

RobSchwager said...

dude, these look friggin' UBER-sexy...

The Original Dangster said...

Man I'm gonna have to have the wallet stuffed full o' cash just for your booth in Seattle this year my man...I mean the baby might go without Pampers for a few months but dang the settlers did without it...Lil Dangster will be crappin in the Funny papers..Probably drop a deuce on Dagwood, or maybe Family Circus.

Can't wait bro..Catch ya soon.

EL GRANDE said...

Hello Alberto, my name is Joseph Karg and I'm partnering with a painter named Elio Guevara on a comic book project called "EL GRANDE." We love the quality of your books, and we would like to get in contact with you to talk about publishing. Please feel free to check out our blog and get in contact with us through that.

Thanks,
Joe and Elio

Lucas Aguirre. said...

nice!!

Chirs said...

Awesome! I was able to get a piece in one of those but since then I've changed my e-mail address. It was c__houghton(at)hotmail.com but my new e-mail is chrishoughtonart(at)gmail.com

Thanks Alberto!

Chris

Process Junkie said...

Barryo, Rick Lacy, Rob Schwager: only a childish individual could have put this book together, this was so much fun and some work too, but the work was fun, soooo . . . :)))))))))))))))))))) that means lots of smiles, I'm drunk.

Mozo! sírvame dos Coronas bien frias, tenemos que celebrar. Viva El Caramelo Visual de Los Extraños!


The Original Dangster: I'll mail you the government's stimulus check I'll be receiving from Mr. Bush, Lil Dangster can shit on that for sure.

Seeya in Seeyattle!


Lucas Aguirre: Gracias por colaborar, estás representado en el libro 2. Lo recibiras pronto. Enviame tu direccion postal y hablamos.


El Grande: Thanks for the consideration and for the kind words. You haven't read this blog so you know very little of what I do, I am not that kind of publisher, I only do this for fun with the complicity and support of my friends and I only publish or partner to help publish things which interest me. Your project is beautifully drawn from what I've seen, it seems worthy of a major comic book publisher who can do it justice by advertising it and putting it in every comic book store, I, on the other I am not equipped —nor do I ever want— to tackle a 400 page graphic novel. No disrespect meant whatsoever. You should talk to my friends over at Image Comics, I'm sure they would love to help you get this project off the ground. If you want to self-publish this effort, however, I'd be more than happy to forward you my contacts and resources.


Chris: I did try to contact you earlier. I'll send an email to your new account.

Rodolfo Velado said...

felicidades por un exito mas!!! se ven geniales los libros

Chris said...

(Whoops, realized I spelt my name wrong) Thanks Alberto! Appreciate it and can't wait to see the whole thing. Looks great!

Chris

EL GRANDE said...

Alberto, thank you so much for your quick response and input. Elio and I would very much like to self publish this book, and we would appreciate any information about your contacts and resourses.

Please email us at contact@elioguevara.com

Thanks again,
Joe and Elio

RoB said...

DAAAAAMN!~
Totally worth the wait! The previews that you have shown are just AMAZING!~ What inspiration and mouth drooling art! What a wonderful collaboration of artist from all over world coming together in these two books!~ Big Congrats to Alberto, Brand Studios and all the Artist whom contributed to these books! I can't wait to see them! Are these books going to be available at Comic Con?

Gr8Ball said...

Sooooo jealous...!! I'm def. gonna pick up a copy. I only wish I could have participated! My dumbassed-self didn't check up on you for awhile. Next time! Next time!!!

it looks awesome though, hope next time I can be a part of it!!!

Andre Moore said...

wow the books look DY-NO-MITE! Can't wait to see if I made it in either of them.

DAN-VAN-COOL said...

Awesome! They look jam packed.

ClaMonteiro said...

Hey, Alberto!

I'm counting the days now until I get my copy here! I feel oh so warm and fuzzy being in the book! You made my year, friend, trust me on that...

Congratulations for all those who are featured in this year's book and let's work our best to make the next EyeCandy even better!

PS: I've got a felling that my family will become one of the main contributors for Brand Studio Press enrichment this year...

Mike Feeney said...

I just received my copies, they are fantastic!!! Great job to everyone who contributed!!! I hope to be able to contribute to the next one also. Special thanks to Alberto for all the work he has done to make this dream a reality :)

Process Junkie said...

I'm glad you guys like the books. I told you they came out great but you people didn't believe me, now was I right or was I right?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the book, you made it happen.

Bobby Chiu said...

Ok you were right! hehehe... looks fantastic Alberto and not too pricey

Are you going to have any in Calgary for me to see?? :)

Bobby Chiu said...

oh never mind. I see they're out on Friday. cool.

bog_art said...

Realmente trabajo de calidad.. tengo una pequeña pregunta.. tu distribuyes estos comics en NY??.. cierto, esa chica que estás dibujando en tu basement te está quedando de lujo..
saludos!!

Process Junkie said...

bogart: Yo no hago comics, solo libros de pasta dura con dibujos de chicas eso es todo. Gracias por la visita compatriota.

Bobby: You coming to NY? you'll see them then.

Bobby Chiu said...

oh right! duh...
very cool..

Reynes said...

Just recieved my copies. Thanks Alberto ;-)
The books are great. So many talented artists, so many inspiring works !

Chrissie A said...

Volume 1 is amazing; I'm so proud to be a part of it...and I've just ordered Volume 2. You know, I'm not only impressed with the content, which is inspiring and utterly fantastic, but the beautiful way the books are printed and bound really set them apart. You can tell an artist who loves artists put these together. GREAT job, Alberto!

I've mentioned ECFS on both my blog and deviantART journal so I'm hoping you get a veritable deluge of new orders. ;)

ONESICKINDIVIDUAL said...

Dude! just got my copy yesterday. you have outdone yourself once again, bro! its an amazing collection of artwork you have, well... collected. thanks for letting me be a part of all the awesomeness. i am most definitely answering the call for 2.0, so here's hoping i can find something worthy enough. take it easy!

Toyebot said...

Awesome stuff as usual! Will u guys be at Emerald Con in Seattle? Looking forward to getting copies! Cheers

Process Junkie said...

Toyebot: Well, I'll be there for sure. The other guys in the book don't live with me but I know some of them will be ther too. :)

Steffi said...

Hi Alberto,
I just received the book, it's amazing! I love the collection of artists and the format! Also the colors turned out great to!
Thank you so much for this!

COMIKXGUY said...

IT'S ALIVE!!!! ALIVE!!!!

Jublin said...

wow what an awesome collection! i don't know which one to get. don't make me choose!

Nikol Stein said...

will there be another installment for this book? How do you submit as an artist?

Nikol Stein said...

will there be another installment of this series? How do you submit as an artist?

Process Junkie said...

The next installment is coming soon. Submissions for next year's volume will be accepted at the end of 2009