Saturday, November 10, 2007

Three Things


1.-Bocetto Shipping Worldwide
I've started shipping the pre-orders on November 2nd and I'm happy to report that nearly all books have been sent along with their respective free drawings, 5 or 6 orders remain to be shipped, basically to those of you who ordered multiple copies, please bare with me, I'm expecting to have them all out of here by tomorrow, the latest. I do hope you enjoy the complimentary drawing. As always, that is my way of thanking you for the enormous support you've always given me. I've drawn so much these past two weeks, my right hand is numb.

Please do be careful when you open your packages, most of the drawings are placed inside the books but there are a few larger ones sticking out some, a lot of drawings were done on vellum, some are pages of my personal sketchbooks and a few were drawn on plastic sheets. Some folks are receiving drawings and sketches I've posted here on my blog or from the many books I've printed but the majority of the drawings I sent out have not been seen before, so please, I beg you not to post them on the internet, I will use them on future books, for sure.

Thank you, again for ordering the book, thanks to you I now have enough new material for at least 2 books of never before seen stuff, I've had enough of repeats. :)

If you haven't ordered your copy of Bocetto yet and missed out on the free drawing, I want you to know that even though you won't get a separate drawing, each book comes signed and includes a quickie drawn on the first page. Order now while supplies last.

2.-Eye Candy Report
I know it has been a while but this project is still a go, a few things threatened to derail this book but kinks have been worked out and evil has been defeated, or at least deflated for now. The book goes to press at the end of the week it will be available early 2008. Now, please be advised that the deadline for the next annual Eye Candy will be May first 2008, start drawing early and often.


3.-Guerrilla Warfare
I'm sad to admit this has not worked out according to my original plans, due to partnership issues and financial snags. I'm pretty bent in doing things my own way and sometimes I could be my worst enemy. However, the resources are real and are available, I'm still committed to make it work, although not at the scale I once dreamt about, I'm too much of a control freak but trust me, things are better this way.

My invitation to those artists wishing to self-publish their art books still stands. Contact me at deepfriedcandyATmac.com ONLY if you are serious about offset printing your book and I'll gladly send you some info via email. Keep in mind that this is NOT print n demand color copies, the minimum quantity is 500 books, If you're looking to print less than 500 I'd suggest you contact my good friends at indigoinkprint.com Great people who do nothing but quality work at reasonable prices.


4.-Vinyl Figures
Yeahhhh! this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Vinyl figures from your favorite Brandstudio Press artists are coming! I don't know about you but I love toys and figurines and sculpted characters. We're working to bring you some nifty vinyl goodies already in production. These will be ready by Spring 2008/Summer. I'll tell you more about it later.


5.-Spam
If you have recently written to me and I haven't replied to you, chances are I've never seen your email, my brandstudio account is under relentless attack, in an effort to stop this from happenning I may have deleted a chunk of legitimate emails sent to me by good people. Please re-send your email to deepfriedcandyATmac.com or to: brandstudiopressATgmail.com
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

28 comments:

Viking Myke said...

Nice job. I like the softness. reminds me of the old playboy pictorials i cherished as a youth. Still don't think my right hand recovered from those days yet!

Okoya Designs said...

Hi Mr. Ruiz my name is "Okoya". I met you at Wizard World Chicago and bought one of your books. I think we talked briefly and I mentioned that I was working on a project. I would like for you to take a glance at it. It is available on lulu. com, search keyword nispa. my blog is okoyadesigns@blogspot.com. Thank you in advance for any feedback that you can give me. Be well.

COMIKXGUY said...

NICE!

ok, why did you name this post 3 things?

John Beatty said...

WOW! Great piece of work, Alberto! Nice, nice, nice!

-JBeatty

GOGOPEDRO said...

Wondertastic rendering here. Like the way that it has the soft quality that it does....spifftastic work.

Also, I am wondering how things are going on the eye candy books?

P

Anthony said...

Very, Very nice.

fly said...

Wow your drawings are so nice.
thanks to have posted anatomy pdf and introduced some arts books too.
linked!

Vanhoozerbot said...

Frickin brilliant man.
I love the softness of it.

13toon's said...

hello alberto it is jonathan, man great work can't wait to see whats next. bye 4 now

jason quinones said...

great looking woman as usual.
love the textures here.

hand brush i'm assuming but it could very well be one of your snazzy computer rendered pics!

COMIKXGUY said...

GR8 NOOZ ALBERTO!

never before seen stuff,no repeats and vinyl figures!

Yeahhhh! :) :)

Process Junkie said...

Yo, thanks for the kind comments, ladies!


Okoya designs: Thanks for sharing, I may not be the right person to give you constructive feedback on your book, I'm not into story books at all, the cover looks nice though.

comikxguy: To confuse you, that's why :)
13toons: Hey, nice to hear from you, Jon!

Jason: This is nothing but a dirty trick, I buy those self-contained black sumi brushes and then I beat the fuck out of them, once they're almost dry I get these multiple hair lines to magically appear in every stroke. I use the really dry ones for subtle shadows and the fresh ones for the dark areas. Those of you who have visited me at the conventions know what I'm talking about, I draw the same 3 quarter girl on every page, she has a different 'do' this time, that's all.

COMIKXGUY said...

ha ha very funny

when you first posted you didn't have up the 5 things, that why i asked

can't wait to see those vinyl figs

is rooster doing them or various artists?

is 3Q a book?

Bobby Chiu said...

That's such a frikken beautiful face. Is that one of the sketches on vellum?

Process Junkie said...

COMIKXGUY: Yes, 3Q is a book.

Bobby Chiu: No, this was drawn on plain white paper. The original drawing was done for one of the preorders, I scanned the sketch before I sent it and messed around with it in Photoshop, namely I re-colored it.

Kei Acedera said...

OMG I love this Alberto! its gorgeous!

Process Junkie said...

But never as gorgeous as you!
btw you guys are cooking with oil over there at Imaginism Studios. What a great team you guys make. I think I'm going to apply for a job there, I'd gladly get coffee for you every morning!!

COMIKXGUY said...

ME TOO!

I'LL ONE UP YA, I'LL BRING DOUGHNUTS :)

Nils said...

Just one more compliment comment, but I had to add one !
I discovered your work a few monthes ago now, and come back often. So I wanted to say what I feel.

I really love your work. Congtratulations. And please go on showing us so good pieces of art !

See you !

gdeo said...

OMG...compa, my Bocetto book arrived today....it's like christmas has come early..thank you,thank you for the beautiful work of art that you included ..a true treasure.the packing was perfect,probably the best packing job i've seen.thanks again!!!

Gary Ham said...

that's a true beauty Alberto!

Process Junkie said...

Thank youNils!

Gdeo: My pleasure, Gary. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for buying the book.

Ham: Yo!! Gary, what a pleassant surprise, nice of you to drop by, thanks for the nice comment. Hope to see you next year at the SDCC.

Cheers!

rico said...

Thanks so much for the plug Alberto! I've advised Rob and Matt to also buy indigoink.com but our current url is http://www.indigoinkprint.com

S Balandran said...

Hermano,
Just got the book and the drawing BEAUTIFUL!!!! Growing up Jehova's Witness I didnt have Christmas mornings but this is what I imagine them to be...the anticipation, the tearing of the wrapping and then the glorious payoff. Thanks Brother keep it up.
Sergio Balandran

Thorsten Hasenkamm said...

Sounds and looks good!

COMIKXGUY said...

HAPPY THANKXGIVING ALBERTO! :)

Faboun'e said...

hey here it's an amazing girl that you made...! I love it !

RoB said...

Yup, another great piece!

~!WoOtWoOt!~