Monday, September 17, 2007

William Wray's Dirty Beauty Book

Bill Wray's book is finally here, is available now at the Brandstudio Press Online Store www.brandstudiopress.com
This volume is a bit different from most of the books we publish, not just because it sports a fancy 'dust jacket' but also because this book is all about oil painting, amazing paintings I must say. I don't think William "Bill" Wray needs an introduction but for those of you who haven't heard of him, here's the heading and the "About Me" blurb from his blog:


"If Thomas Kincaid is the painter of light, I'm the painter of blight. Whether it's old an Drive–in or trailer park, trains or sun bleached Gremlins, my subjects are bound to be demoed, towed to the junkyard or explode when the Meth chemicals combust. As a founding member of the L.A. River School of painting, I chronicle the fast disappearing pockets or industry, urban decay and run down rural areas. Places most consider not worth remembering, let alone turning them into works of art."

"After traveling his entire childhood as an Army brat Bill Wray began working in the animation business as a teen-ager. Being mostly self-taught and shunning California’s conceptual oriented art schools, he eventually enrolled in The Art Students League located in New York to reinforce his spotty art foundation. Bill went on to work in writing and drawing comic books, animation and illustration. He is mostly known for his painting style on the Ren and Stimpy Show, his work in Mad Magazine and his collaborations with Mike Mignola on Hellboy Jr. Bill is currently concentrating on fine art oil painting."






Dirty Beauty
By William Wray


Price: $25.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-06-0
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages, Dust Jacket.

Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:




William Wray's Blog

















All images are copyright © 2007 William Wray, please don't reproduce without permission.

10 comments:

Mr. Hawthorne said...

GODDAMN that's beautiful!!

mike

Process Junkie said...

Indeed, Mike, indeed!
The man knows his onions.

The Keeper's Notes said...

WOwza...Had no idea Bill Wray had this kinda stuff in him...this is some seriously amazing painting...just so different from his animation style. I love when an artist can work in such completey different worlds.

Jason Seiler said...

I need to get this book!

william wray said...

Hey Alberto.

I want to publicly thank you for daring to stretch the limits of the books you are publishing by doing a book of my landscapes. A lot of comic fans and artist won't get it, but in the end you may broaden the horizons of a few of the folks by getting them top looking beyond a comic book or cartoon style, (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

Process Junkie said...

Bill:I hereby publicly thank you for publicly thanking me. It was an honor to have worked with you, I do hope we do this again soon.

In actuality, I should be thanking you for giving me full creative freedom to design and put together this volume.
This is, without a doubt, one of the best books in our collection, your brush work speaks loud and clear. Comic fans can suck my cock if they don't "get it", there are many of us out there who do 'get it', this is for us and for them.

Jamar said...

Yo -

I'm SPEECHLESS. And that's hard for me!

I'm afraid of Alberto and these money-stealing jewels he's published, but I think I know what my first purchase is gonna be.

Bills book looks H-O-T.

Thanks for doing this, you guys! I know where the good shit is now.

Process Junkie said...

Jamar: Yo, you're right! that is hard for you!

:)

Thanks for the comments, nice to hear from you again.

Bobby Chiu said...

dang... so friggin goo-ood!

Bonnie said...

This book looks fantastic.

::drool::