Thursday, June 28, 2007

BRANDSTUDIO PRESS EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDER

Brandstudio Press is proud to announce our first exclusive. First of many I do hope. My friends and business partners: Humberto Ramos and Francisco Herrera have chosen the Brandstudio Press store as the exclusive on-line seller for their soon to be award-winning and best selling new art books.

For Francisco this has a special meaning since this is the premiere of his very first Sketchbook. I consider myself truly lucky to have played a part (however small) in bringing you these two amazing books designed by the internationally renowned Leonardo Olea, which are loaded with great art in breathtaking color, most of which has never been published before.

Besides our common business interests and upcoming artistic collaborations Humberto is one of my dearest and closests friends so this joint venture means a great deal to me. The first run of the following 3 books will ONLY be available at the brandstudiopress.com online store and at the San Diego Comicon. A few selected comic stores in the U.S., Europe and Asia, will also carry these books beginning in late August. I can't even begin to tell you the crazy projects we're putting together for the near future. To you, the most loyal audience in the world, this will mean tons of art books, comics and mayhem.

I urge you to please pre order as soon as possible, shipping of these products will begin in approximately 2 weeks from this date. Pre orders will allow us to determine the amount of books we bring to the shows and will help us pay for additional print runs to meet further demand if necessary. Thank you for your support!

-Alberto Ruiz
Brandstudio Press Flounder





HUMBERTO RAMOS' TOXIC WASTE SKETCHBOOK
Have you ever drawn stuff that never got to see the light of day? Projects gathering dust on your drawing table? Projects you wish you could share with the world? . . . Well, I have! That's why in this sketchbook entitled: "TOXIC WASTE" I want to give all these images a chance to be seen by the people for whom they were created . . . .YOU!

Also, I'm sharing with you some of the stuff done for different projects I've been working on outside of the U.S. Stuff you won't see in your local comic book store, things you wouldn't get to see unless you live in, or travel to Europe or to my country of birth: Mexico.

Stick around a bit and let me show you designs for characters you know and some you don't, sketches for TV shows that never aired and some ideas for upcoming projects that I will bring to reality some time in the future.

So without further ado, join me and enjoy the TOXIC WASTE Sketchbook.



Humberto Ramos
-Disposal Manager




Toxic Waste
By Humberto Ramos

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-01-5 ISBN: 10 1-934623-01-6
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:



Humberto's Blog












All images are copyright © 2007 Humberto Ramos and respective owners, please don't reproduce without permission.







FRANCISCO HERRERA'S FIRST SKETCHBOOK
After a few years of scratching paper and making a living from it, I want to share my work with you in a more personal way.
Most often, before, during and after each project, I generate a bunch of pages full of drawings, ideas and corrections, which for some strange reason look incredible, but they remain filed in the infinite world of "I'll check them out later, I may use them for something". So I set up to dust off old papers and past work which represent genres, techniques and styles I've developed over the years.

...I do hope you guys enjoy the Sketchbook as much as I enjoyed designing it to share it with you.




Francisco Herrera
Mexico City, Mexico


Sketchbox
By Francisco Herrera



Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-02-2 ISBN: 10 1-934623-02-4
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:



Francisco's Blog












All images are copyright © 2007 Francisco Herrera and respective owners, please don't reproduce without permission.






ALBERTO'S FIRST SKETCHBOOK
There are only 200 of those first sketchbooks out there. They were printed on a huge color copier belonging to one of the companies I was doing computer consulting work for, put together painstankenly by hand, back in 2003.

Yup! I recall those days, I was moonlighting as a graphic designer for DC Comics and other companies and despising the type of design work I was doing. My day job was IT . I didn't really hate the IT job, I thought it was fun going from building to building in the garment center of New York, setting up computers, troubleshooting printing problems and what not, it was certainly way more fun than listening to a pompous art director babble incoherently and driving me up the wall with stupid changes. I can honestly say I loved fixing computers, what I hated the most was dealing with those fashion prima ballerinas and their big egos, aaarghh! the pain!
Those fashion divas (both male and female) have the most annoying personallities and pettiest of natures. God was cruel to me, knowing how much I hate people she's always managed to put me in these situations, I was at the end of my rope, I was counting on this book to get me out of that whole scene and back into drawing again.

The book did the trick; financially, it was bittersweet, it sold out (all 200 copies) but on the other hand I paid just as much as what the book cost me to produce and once I factored in my trip to San Diego, I ended up losing a lot of money but it did get me back into drawing and for that reason alone it remains my favorite book ever. Upon my return to NYC I quit everything and the rest, well, you know the rest.

This CHOLA book is really two books in one, half of the volume contains the best of 2001-02 (sketchbook 3) and the other half: JALAPEñO LOLLIPOPS, holds the best of 2003 (sketchbook 5).

If you happen to own books 3 and 5, don't bother with this book but if you don't have either one, this is definitely a fun book to own.

All the "Chola" pre-orders are signed and come with an original sketch, pen or colored pencil.


Chola/Jalapeño Lollipops
By Alberto Ruiz




Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-1-934623-13-8 ISBN: 10 1-934623-13-x
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages

Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:


















All images are copyright © 2007 Alberto Ruiz and respective owners, please don't reproduce without permission.

15 comments:

Julkillo said...

Amazing sketches as usual Alberto,very good work and very cool girls

Shannon said...

These books are smokin'!!!

Fabrício Bohrer said...

Hi Alberto, how are you?
So, i'm a Brazilian and a rookie comicbook artist.
i really love your stuff and the brandstudio crew too, it's amazing.
I liked to buy some of this books, but i don't no how and how much this will cost to import, please, if you can e-mail me to explain that issues, i will be grateful.

See ya!

fabricio.bohrer@gmail.com

Process Junkie said...

Thanks, Shannon and Julkillo.

Fabricio: I edited this post, refresh the page and read it again.

Thanks for your interest in our books!

—A

nelson said...

Me parece realmente sorprendente,estoy impresionado, cada vez que veo este blog aparecen nuevas publicaciones de calidad. Lo unico que puedo hacer es felicitar a los autores y su talento y por supuesto a Alberto. Que mas decir... Queremos mas!
Felicitaciones a todos.
Greetings from Chile.

Process Junkie said...

Gracias Nelson! Eres muy amable aparte de talentoso.

cdeboda said...

What's starting to become a yearly tradition now, looks like you'll be getting more of my money (again) at the SD Con. But it's always well worth it. Very exciting to see what's going on with all these books. I'll see you guys in SD.

andrew said...

Awsome spread, thought I think 'chola9' has got to be the most perfect name for your sketchbooks rver :3

UrbanBarbarian said...

.....System overload!!! Too much great art!!! gAHAHAHHAHHA

Bobby Chiu said...

Dang... those books look hot! I better make some extra room in my suitcase hehehe

COMIKXGUY said...

HEY "OLD MAN" :)




TOO - MUCH - AWESOMENESS !!!!!!!!!!




4 WEEKS AND COUNTING!




HAPPY 4TH ALBERTO, DAN AND BOBBY!


TIME TA BLOW UP SOME ILLEGAL 'WERKX UP!

criz said...

wow, can't wait to have those sketchbooks in my own hands :D

Eduarda Gonçalvesou said...

nice work ;)

kiko said...

uffff, me supera, impresionantes, estoy shockeado, muy buenos libros, delicioso diseño.

Philip Pignotti said...

Looks like a great bunch of books. Me thinks I want to get them all