Tuesday, May 22, 2007



Eye Candy: Hard Cover on the Outside But Creamy & Juicy Inside.

This is one of the front covers for the book. Painted exclusively for the "Eye Candy From Strangers" book by the super talented Dennis Brown. I'm printing two covers and 4 different jackets (with 4 different images, of course) There are more than 2 pieces that deserve to be featured on the cover and back covers of the books, we'll see how many variant covers we can get away with, I'll post more on that later.

BTW, I'm back from paying the bills, I will work now full-time on the Eye Candy book. Whoever hasn't been contacted yet regarding the high resolution files will get an email from me starting Thursday. I've received more communication from people wanting to know if their entries made it or not, please bear with me I WILL reply to each and every one of you, it will take me some time but I'll make the effort necessary. Thanks!

I've been really busy with the pre-production of the "Summer Collection" of books, which I'm sure will knock your socks off. Some of the cats had been let out of their respective bags and some of you already know who will be debuting his/her new book through the Brandstudio Press label. I will make an official announcement in 2 weeks, the books are at the printer as I write this, hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have production samples to share with you.

I just want to say that this new batch of books is just ridiculously huge, 15 new titles to be exact!

If people thought we were just a flash in the pan, they are in for a big surprise. Remember it's Us Vs, Them, and WE will win this fuckin' war, this ain't like the war on terror, we're fighting a real enemy here, a vicious and ruthless killer of dreams, Heh, heh! Cheese anybody?

But unlike Saddam, we do have some secret weapons of mass destruction, I will post the list of the artists but make sure you're sitting down before you start reading it, we'll give a new meaning to "Shock and Awe". :)


Abrazos
—Alberto

22 comments:

Viking Myke said...

Shit man, that cover looks fantastic! I wish I still had my job, i'd be buying the whole damn collection of books Brand Studio is putting out! Ohh well, at least my stuff made it in, that's something. Your doing great things man, Keep the torch burnin'.

Neil said...

Will your Summer line-up be ready in time for Heroes Con?

Also, I love your Eye Candy concept. It's kind of a "You scratch my back...." arangement where everybody wins.

Anonymous said...

WOW. So it looks like I'll be spending most of my money at your table down in San Diego in July. Hope to meet you there.

Craig Zablo said...

Exciting times, bro!

FrogDaddy said...

jeez!!!!
no more anonymous comments anymore!
I can't take it!!!!

-G.D. said...

hi Alberto,

long time no lurking.

such beautiful artwork on this cover.

thanks for sharing...always.

xox

CEREAL KILLER said...

WOW Man!
Se sale Alberto! Ese tio de veras se ganó ese honor a pulso.
Vaya nivelazo....ahora me siento un poco estupido al haber enviado mi participación he he he...

Un abrazo!

( =_=)/

GOGOPEDRO said...

wait.....the book is two parts now...

sheesh...you must have had quite a response.

P

RoB said...

COOOL COVER!

These books are going to be awesome!~

~!WoOtWoOt!~

Anonymous said...

i got to work a lot of over time it seems..bring on the masterpieces.
Mike Feeney ...still working on the password thing..

Neneuche said...

Oh man... I so wanted to be part of that.
I suck. Congrats to all the participants and to you too mister Ruiz for intiating such a fantastic project.

Oscar Grillo said...

Junkie...I find this picture above of inordinate blandness.

ONESICKINDIVIDUAL said...

that cover is killer! that and 15 new books?! i can already see the fat line leading to your table at comic-con bro. cant wait to check them all out.

Graham said...

The cover looks amazing! I can't wait to see the finished project!

william wray said...

I'm excited Alberto-- and you know why!

A. Riabovitchev said...

Beautiful cover!Very beautiful!:o)

Stef said...

Hey Alberto, just popping by to say hi.
I haven't been around for a long time.
I won't be at Comicon this year, would have loved to see you again.
Abrazo.

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

The cover looks amazing.
I'll wait to hear from you...
Hope you're well.

COMIKXGUY said...

ALBERTO'S 8TH BOOK IS HERE!

:)

BOCETTO : THE ART OF ALBERTO RUIZ SC


PUBLISHED BY HEAVY METAL MAGAZINE

$ 19.95

JUNE DIAMOND PREVIEWS


I ALSO LIKE THE LUIS ROYO BOOK: DOME HC ALSO $ 19.95

YAY!

PEPE said...

oh geesshhhh that looks tight!!!!

Alina Chau said...

THat looks awesome!

Bobby Chiu said...

Looks friggin awesome. A must have