Friday, March 09, 2007

MAKE ROOM ON YOUR SHELVES . . .

. . . .And ask your boss for a raise.


A friend just asked me: "How does it feel to have your own publishing company?" I had to think about that one for a minute, I thought about it long and hard and then I thought about it some more and after all that thinking I still can't comprehend how people always manage to screw up this Art Publishing business. I feel like Charlie, right after Willy Wonka handed him the keys to the Chocolate Factory. Woohooooooo!!!

Business? . . . Fuck business!


Hey man!, want some candy?

Yeah, sure!. . .how much?

$24.95

Holy Shit!! that's it?!!

Yup!

Jumpin' Jezus on a pogo stick!! I'll take the whole store!

OK.


See what I mean?




This is what your shelves are going to look like after you see these books.


THE SPRING 2007 COLLECTION


So Now What Do We Do?
By Wade Schin & Andrew Wilson

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-0-1 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-0-0
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now.

Andrew's Blog
Wade's Site













Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:










StrawBerry
By Joe Pekar

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-4-9 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-4-3
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages


Joe's Website




Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:









Electric Fan
By Erwin Haya

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-1-8 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-1-9
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available March 20th 2007

Erwin's Blog





Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:










Grab Yo'Self A Handful Of Cheeks Vol. 1 & 2
By Sean 'Cheeks' Galloway

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-2-5 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-2-7
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-3-2 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-3-5
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now











Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:









Maverikanim
By Matt Stewart

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-9793447-5-6 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-5-1
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available March 20th 2007

Matt's Website







Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:










The Art Of Robin Mitchell
By Robin Mitchell

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-978-0-9793447-7-0 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-7-8
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now


Robin's Blog








Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:




The Art Of Robin Mitchell Vol. 2
By Robin Mitchell

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-978-0-9793447-8-7 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-8-6
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now






Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:











Confessions Of A Process Junkie
Adobe Illustrator™ techniques.
By Alberto Ruiz

Price: $24.95 US Dollars
ISBN: 13 978-0-978-0-9793447-6-3 ISBN: 10 0-9793447-6-X
8 3/4x12 3/8, 48 pages Full-Color, Full-Bleed, Hardcover, Perfect bound-Sewn Pages
Available Now


















Available Now. Click on the button below to order your copy:



Some of these titles are available for pre-order, please check with the individual artists.
The Brandstudio Press On-Line Store is being revamped to include all these and future titles.

We'll have all these books available for purchase at the following conventions:

Emerald City Comicon, Seattle, March 31-April 01
Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo, Calgary, April 29
Heroes, Charlotte, N Carolina June 15-17
San Diego Comicon International, CA, July 25-2
WizardWorld Chicago, Illinois Aug 09-12
Fan Expo,Toronto, Canada Aug 24-26
Baltimore Comic Con, Maryland, Sept 09-10
WizardWorld Texas, Arlington, Texas Nov 16-18


If you would like your local comics store to carry these books, ask them to get in contact with me, these volumes will be offered nationwide by our distributors but that will take a couple of months to get going, in the meantime shops can order directly from us.

Please feel free to email us regarding wholesale orders at: books@brandstudio.com

As always, thanks for your support!




Abrazos,
-Alberto

32 comments:

sean said...

I've made room for a couple of these bad boys... Unfortunately I'm my own boss. I told myself that "due to the recent economic struggles of the business we can't really afford to raise your salary but we do appreciate all your hard work and continued loyalty". I'm such an asshole.

Dr 4est said...

Dammit. Oh well, so much for "profit" and "savings" and "rainy day fund"... I don't need that crap anyways. Life is no good if I'm banking on tomorrow , right?

Any of these going to be available in Seattle?

Process Junkie said...

Yes, They will be available in Seattle. Each and every one of them.

Kevin said...

Already saving my cash for Seattle, they look amazing!

Joffrey said...

is there a way to get these books online, i forgot to get them at wondercon.

COMIKXGUY said...

hey "charlie",

i got one thing to say and that is....

"Jumpin' Jezus on a pogo stick!! I'll take the whole store!"

man, these look great

see ya in a week alberto

Noodles2go said...

OMG where the hell do i click "add to shopping cart"?! hehe, sweet, where we be seeing these available?

Charles said...

*sniff, sniff*-- those books are amazingly beautiful and i'm sure everyone will agree!!! Sweet Jesus, you've just made me more motivated!!!

-C!

John G said...

Wow, these look so good.

Woka said...

Compadre!! te pasaste!! felicitaciones por la nueva empresa... realmente asombroso. Ahora si, voy a necesitar alguna manera de comprarte los libros desde aqui, por que lo que mostraste ya me dejó con tiritones y sindrome de abstinencia... jajaja.

Felicitaciones viejo!! Sigue asi!!
Un gran abrazo a la distancia, ademas de darte las gracias una vez mas por los flamantes libros que me enviaste... impecables.

Saludos!!
Woka

John Beatty said...

Ahhh...I'll be getting these as soon as I get some extra funds in my account from my 3 weeks off in the Philippines!

Nice work, Alberto! I saw Joe working on his book when John Higashi and I were over to his place for a visit!

I'm glad you've decided to take the bull by the balls and show it whose boss! THESE are the books we need...not the other bullshit!

Thx, friend!
-John "Big-Guy" Beatty

Jesse said...

WOW, MONO!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!
Huge undertaking, my friend, and you're the only person i know, dumb enough yet talented enough and crazy enough to pull it off! Best of luck in this amazing endeavor, my friend, and these books look awesome! I think I'll be ordering a copy of each, thank you very much. Mono, good luck in everything! You are gonna be huge--no, YOU ARE HUGE!!! Publishing also? Man, you're a one-man dynamo. Esta semana le pido un raise a Jason. ;)
Cuidate, monito loco.

cdeboda said...

I had the chance to check out Wade and Drew's book up close last week -- very high quality stuff! The others look really great too. Keep it up man.

The Keeper's Notes said...

Good lord, man! You're gonna make us all poor! And I know this is only the beginning! These books look sensational...fantastic art...now how am I gonna buy Kamen Rider figures???

&Rew said...

alberto - thanks for putting that together / promoting all these works.

i can't wait to have my very own "how to draw like alberto if i practice every single day" book.

&rew.

kiko said...

IMPRESIONANTE.....

FrogDaddy said...

you're livin the dream, dude...
an inspiration to us all...
hey, man- O.J. Simpson's asked
me to illustrate the cartoons in his new book "If I Did It" and we're shopping for a publisher...

inky smudges said...

So ... no "buy now" buttons or anything as insanely convenient as that? I'm in France. I feel I must have your Illustrator book. Doubtless this fills you with pity and the overwhelming need to tell me HOW CAN I BUY THIS NOW!!!

Chrissie A said...

Omigod...I'm weeping with happiness and frustration...I want them all...

Gotta start saving up! :D

Terrific news and I *know* this will be a successful new venture, Alberto!

The Original Dangster said...

Alright man, I am gonna donate some sperm, and walk like 13 dogs, cuz I fo sho am gonna be picking up some of these books!

If you still plan on coming back to Seattle then I will be there to buy babay!...I will also bring my latest and greatest art ( better bring your shades cuz, it'll blind you) and see if we can make a book of my stuff...It'd sell out faster than fiber through a butthole.

Congrats on the success though..The best of luck with all of it!

Process Junkie said...

Kevin, Forest, Dangster, : I'll be there with Sean "Cheeks" Galloway, Andrew Wilson and Wade Schin. We're going to throw a dinner party at a local restaurant to celebrate Brandstudio Press and the fine people who are part of it, you' guys are cordially invited.

Joffrey: I didn't have books for sale at Wondercon, you saw my personal advance copies. The bulk of the books will be arriving on the 20th.

Scott: I'll be seeing you in a couple of days.

Noodles2go: In a couple of month they should be available in fine stores throughout the US, in a week or so you will be able to buy them directly from the artists themselves or at the Brandstudio Press Online Store.

Charles One of these could have been your book, wink, wink. :D


Mr. Woka: Compra los libros que quieras habrá un descuento para ti. Mira, si tienes oportunidad, averiguame si hay alguna tienda de libros (comis & pop art) que podría estar interesada en distribuir mis libracos por esos lares.

Un abrazo!

BigGuy: Whoa! you're back! great to hear from you again, I assume you must be tired. :)

Thanks for the support, John!

Justin, Jesse: Thank girls! you guys know what time it is!

Chris D: Thanks, Chris, hopefully one of these days you'll join us.

&rew: No, Thanks for being part of this dream.

Kiko, John G: Thank you, gentlemen!

FrogDaddy'o: Sorry we don't do sports books.
Thanks for the kind words.

Inky Smudges: You can order it now. Thanks for your interest in the book.

Chrissie A: You so nice and everything! Thank you Chrissie!

The Original Dangster: Fiber through a butthole? O...K...!

I'll see you a t the end of the month, I will soil your bed.

Cheerios!
-A

Scott Wright said...

Genius! Can't wait to get my set!

Allan L. said...

Awwww shit, Alberto! This is great news! Way to go!

IrisOn said...

WOW this book looks awesome, will you be at heros con.? And if so will you have that book?

thanks for the comment by the way

Mark Behm said...

You. Rock. Man.

inky smudges said...

Whoops! Forgot to come back after I ordered and say thanks for the info. So ... thanks, very much looking forward to seeing it.

Roc said...

so much goodness......but so little money :(

martin wittig said...

Alberto,
These look Freaking Amazing!!!!!!

CEREAL KILLER said...

wow....
i would like to get
StawBerry and Maverikanim; would like to know about if you would sent them to spain...

( =_=)/ they look so cool!!

Process Junkie said...

Hey, thanks for the comments, guys!

Cereal Killer: we ship to Spain, no problem, it takes a few weeks for you to get them but we can do it.

Thanks for your interest.


-A

Augie said...

Yeah, thanks pusherman. You're going to break my pocketbook. I want them all! The books look great. Missed emereld con. Will have to order my art drugs online. Muchas gracias!

CEREAL KILLER said...

Vale Lucio, te mandé un e-mail a books@brandstudio.com, ok?

( =_=)/