Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Texas WizardWorld Convention

This is a good day, Scum-sucking Rumsfeld and those republican assholes are out, finally (not that the dems are much better, career politicians everywhere are the lowest form of life, right next to lawyers) still, a little change won't hurt.

Once again, I'm heading to Texas to attend the last show of 2006 at the Arlington Convention Center this coming weekend -November 10-12-. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, drop by and say hola, I'll be sitting next to my friend Joe Pekar at table 2490.

Bangs
I love You Well

I write to you
expecting nothing
asking for nothing
giving you nothing
I seek nothing more
than to be a shadow
on your wall, a window
to the pleasant past
not to your past anguish

An old coat
a glove
a rosary, the bridge
to the sweet medicine
not to the bitter cure

A point of support
a string, a chair
a joist
a ladder
a kiss on the cheek
the certainty of a dream
the embrace of a child
who remembers you and plays
in your backyard, with you
who remembers you and suffers
what you have endured

A truncated romance
for lack of malice
by cowardice or fate
by adolescence or rush
a heartache
a sadness
a teardrop
the corner of my mouth
a frustrated utopia
an insane hope
a sound, a hush
the remote possibility
which hurts when reminisced
and sweetens when recalled

The sensation of being
by your side and not to see you
of seeing you without you being
by my side and to have you
to hold you
and to lose you
of missing you
of false starts and stops
of cursed tomorrows
a whisper in your ear
and an absolute faith
in what has never been

From you I expect nothing
but I await anxious
to see me in your stare
to chat about our childhood
when I held your hand in mine
as if it were a rose
trembling and smiling
as I gazed into your eyes
and tightening my lips
I said a thousand silent words
the ones I never told you
the ones you knew all too well
hoping that one day
you'd forgive me and realize
that I loved you then and I love you still
and although it doesn't matter anymore
that I miss you now
and that my voice
still calls your name.

© 2006 Alberto Ruiz. All Rights Reserved

Abrazos,
-Alberto


Edit: The original spanish text, for my friend One

Te Quiero Bien

Te escribo
sin esperar nada,
sin pedir nada
sin dar nada
no busco nada más
que ser una sombra
en tu pared, una ventana
al pasado bueno
no al de tu tortura
un viejo abrigo
un guante
un rosario, el puente
al remedio dulce
no al de tu amargura

Un punto de apoyo
un lazo, una silla
un sostén
una escalera
un beso en la mejilla
la certeza de un sueño
el abrazo de un niño
que te recuerda y juega
en tu patio,contigo
que te recuerda y sufre
con lo que tu has sufrido

Un romance truncado
por falta de malicia
por cobardía o sino
por juventud o prisa
un dolor
una pena
una lágrima
la esquina de mi boca
un idilio frustrado
una esperanza loca
un sonido, un silencio
la ilusión tan remota
que duele al recordarse
que endulza cuando evoca

La sensación de estar
a tu lado y no verte
de verte sin que estés
a mi lado y tenerte
de abrazarte
y perderte
de no volver a verte
de empezar y parar
de maldecir
mi suerte.

un susurro a tu oído
y una fé absoluta
en lo que nunca ha sido.

De ti no espero nada
pero espero con ansias
mirarme en tu mirada
hablar de nuestra infancia
cuando tomé tu mano
cual si fuese una rosa
temblando y sonriendo
y te miré a los ojos
apretando mis labios
y te dije mil cosas
las que nunca te dije
las que sabes de sobra
esperando que un dia
me perdones y sientas
que te quise y te quiero
y aunque ya nada importa
que te quiero
y te espero
y que mi voz te nombra

© 2006 Alberto Ruiz.Todos los Derechos Reservados

15 comments:

SB Brother 2 the RED ROOSTER said...

Brother thats beautiful

Process Junkie said...

Thanks, man!

Sandra Khoo said...

Wow Wooowwiiiee! Beautiful works all,Alberto! Sorry I haven't been around a lot either...lookit all the goodies I've missed! O.o
Keep those babies coming!

berni said...

Excelente dibujo .. Gracias a tus trabajos he afinado mucho mi trazo en la figura femenina. Mucha suerte en la convencion Artista!.

Dr 4est said...

You're back! I was starting to get worried there, what with the prolonged absence and all.

Love the lines on the legs and the skin folds at the hips. Awesome as always

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you were going to be at the Big Apple Con?

UrbanBarbarian said...

I don't know a whole lot about poetry, but I do know you're an artist's artist. Everything you seem to do comes from a sincere space.

Great face on that figure, Alberto. I always look forward to your posts.

GRODZ! said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHMan it's been a, good min. I was also worried that you wasn't coming back to this spot. Glad your back homie. The Chick looks good. God bless your heart and skills. And I am glad there will be some type of change so ant the Devil happy

Peace Man welcome back!
GRODZ Still illist!!!!

SB brother 2 the Red Rooster said...

I commented the other night, kind of half a sleep. Your drawing is great as always. But your words, those have a lot of feeling. You are a true artist.
Glad your back.

Process Junkie said...

Thanks to everyone who commented in my absence.

Sandra Khoo: Nice to hear from you again!

Grodz! & Berni: Gracias!

Forest: My dearest friend, I have some drawings with your name on them, one of these days I'll get them out to you, maybe for Xmas. I told you I would wallpaper your house with my crap, I wasn't joking.

Anonymous: I'll be attending the BigApple con just to meet some friends and go out drinking afterwards, I've no interest in that cheese festival otherwise. (unless I get a free table to go hang out at)

UrbanBarbarian & SB brother 2 the Red Rooster: Thank you gentlemen! these comments from both of you, mean a lot to me because I have a lot of respect for you two.

Chris Wahl said...

Always a treat stopping by to see your work.

Beautiful!

one said...

what?!? poetry??

OMG, i liked you before...now i love you

Process Junkie said...

One:
You'd probably appreciate this sort of nonsense. I posted the original text which I wrote in spanish (I took some liberties in the english version) :

Chris Thanks.

Lucy said...

Caí en tu blog por casualidad buscando dibujitos lindos que me regodearan la vista,... terminé con la boca abierta y los ojos pafuera!!! excelente la poesía! hay que ponerle música urgente, jaja!!! felicitaciones, usted tiene talento. Muy agradecida de haber tenido la suerte de leer su obra.

Alma said...

Hermoso ,asumiendo que es mio,caminaría en nubes adueñandome de cada palabra .
Celestial y como ya lo dijeron ,ahora necesita que se haga cancion.
Siempre adorando lo que haces y deseandote lo mejor.
Alma.