Thursday, April 20, 2006

Draw Magazine # 12 Missing File



To those of you who purchased DRAW! Magazine # 12 (the Kyle Baker issue in stores now) : The downloadable Adobe Illustrator file won't be found at the url provided in the article, this is due to the publisher's 6 month delay in getting the magazine to the stores, a month ago or so I moved the file out of the main directory to avoid naming conflicts with my Mac iDisk server. The Illustrator file which accompanies the article, can be found HERE.

Oh! I almost forgot, the password to the directory is the five-letter name of the town found directly below the number 113 on page 48 (case sensitive). The file is the actual working document I used in creating the article and the illustration, it is NOT a step-by-step work file. The file is included as a guide to aid in understanding the process I described in the article, I'm not the best at explaining things in written form and the space in the magazine is limited so I figured that by looking at and disecting the actual illustrator document you might be able to get a better idea of the working method. Do feel free to use the patterns I have created, they are yours to keep, however, the rest of the work is NOT to be copied, altered, distributed or messed with in any evil manner or for any maniacal purpose other than your personal use and entertainment; Remember, God is watching you. . . I've been told.

Draw Magazine can be found at Tower Records/Books or at your local comic book store, if you can't find it in your area, order it online from the publisher (Twomorrows Publishing). If you still have questions after reading the article, I'd love to hear them, or rather, read them, so ask away by commenting on this post, I'd be more than happy to answer any and all of your inquiries. No hate mail please, I have plenty already, that sort of correspondence should be directed to my other email address at: gw_bush@thewhitehouse.com




In other news, my friend Ivan Brandon informed me that the last issue of NYC Mech 'Beta Love' just hit the stores yesterday, this issue features one of my scribblettes, I haven't seen it yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on Ivan & Andy's latest offering. If you're not familiar with NYC Mech, you can get started by reading it for free HERE.

14 comments:

Bobby Chiu said...

Coolz... I'll be sure to pick up a copy. Thanks Alberto

The Original Dangster said...

Dang dude, I'll only have to mow like 14 more yards to get up enough CHEDDAH to buy that mag!

Or I can sell a piece of Kick-Ass art.

Guess I should go and fill the old gas can up.

Rebekit said...

I saw the issue and your work piece is great! I highly suggest people checking it out.

Process Junkie said...

Bobby: Yes, buy it, Mike needs to eat :)

Dangster: A man of your stature? $6.95 is nothing to you, I'm sure.

Rebekit: You're on the payroll ;)

Chrissie A said...

Very cool—I'll look forward to this issue and this article! (Although I haven't seen a 'Draw' in nearly a year despite renewing my subscription...hopefully it's on its way...)

Process Junkie said...

Send them an email. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Chrissie A said...

Did that; all sorted. :) Sorry for the mini-rant!

jumpman said...

Alberto turning up in another issue of one of my fave mags. God smiles on me!

Now, if I could just convince you to create one of your awesome pieces as a poster with some kind of videogame slant to it... :)

Hahaha... just kidding, mate.

Love your work. Look forward to checking the issue out.

Cheers,

Ryan Cody said...

Hey Alberto, I was one of the many artists you met at Greg T's house in Dallas, I also have a pin-up in Beta Love #6, nice to know I am in such magnificent company!

Bonaia said...

i read the article. i highly enjoyed it.
thanks for the info Alberto.

St John Street said...

So awesome of u to post your work steps excellent the education can continue I hope the book sales are doing well and your okay juat wanted to stop by and say hey and hope your kool keep it real and take care!!!

Process Junkie said...

Thank you, guys and gals for all the comments in my absence.

Chrissie: I'm glad things got resolved :)

Jumpman: Sure, no problem :)

Ryan Cody: Likewise, my friend. I'm yet to see the final product but I'm sure it turned out fine.

St. Johnstreet: Thanks, man!

1 said...

Hope you -r- feelin' better

ivan godinez said...

hey Alberto que te mejores pronto...