Monday, October 31, 2005

Lone Star State Of Mind

Blue Torsos

Everything Texas
In a couple of days, I'll be in the Dallas area and to celebrate my first time in the biggest state of the Onion, I have designed the poster featured at the top of this entry and this week's playlist showcases the finest country/rock music known to me. Stop by the Wizard World show in Arlington this coming weekend if you can.

A Day At The Races
Just got back from New Hampshire, what a trip! my friend Jay and your personal slave, took a 4-hour drive to Nashua on Friday, the convention was actually held on Saturday and Sunday but we had a halloween party to attend.

Jay decided to ignore the directions given to us by our host, instead, he allowed his GPS (global positioning system) to guide us to our destination. Needless to say, we ended up getting lost in the pitch black of the night, as it turned out, there were several roads with the same name in at least 5 different towns in the area, Jay picked the first instance without bothering to scroll down, you can just imagine what happened next, we wound up in the middle of Bumfuck, U.S.A., I could swear I heard a banjo playing the "Deliverance" song in the fucking wilderness we were in. We arrived at the correct address long after the festivities had ended, our gracious hosts, Randy House and his lovely wife, informed us we've just missed a great party and a bloody fight inside their home, talk about timing!

I had plenty of fun at the convention, my friend Chris and his partners ran a well organized event and they were very kind and helpful, every step of the way. Thank you guys for making us feel right at home!

My lemonade stand was placed right in front of a real pirate ship and adyacent to Bernie Wrightson's table, for those of you who don't follow comics, Bernie is considered an american legend and it turns out he's also loads of fun to hang out with. Attendance was low on Saturday which gave me time to sketch at will, something I did on board of the pirate ship.

After the Con ended, on Saturday, our gang hit "La Carreta", a superb mexican restaurant in the neighboring Hudson township; I have to tell you, both the food and the service at this fine establishment, were second to none. I had brought with me my "Anakin Skywalker" Podracer helmet, which helped make the night a memorable one.

Yours truly taking a quick nap, before binging on enchiladas verdes.


Bernie Wrightson stretching my helmet with his huge brain.


Adam Hughes playing with his food. Yeah, you're winning, man, sure!


Liz and Bernie wearing mexican hats 2 sizes too small.


Allison Sohn showing off her award-winning tonsils.


Randy House in full regalia. Rapunzel, Rapunzel....!

Photos courtesy of Jason Schachter © 2005 Jason Schachter



Abrazos,
-Alberto

13 comments:

manucha said...

WOW, that is so cool!
Looks like lots of fun with good people. The sharing brought chuckles and much joy to the start of my day. Thanks.
Best wishes in Arlington YAHOOOooo city!!
-Manu

Bobby Chiu said...

looks like a blast! I love your poster too! if women down there look like that, I'm moving! :P

Process Junkie said...

Mabucha: I'm glad someone thinks getting lost in the middle of nowhere with the potential for being sexually assaulted by a bunch of banjo-wielding inbred locals, funny. :)

Bobby Chiu: Women in Texas are the most beatiful in the world!. . . where's my next convention?

Colin said...

Haha you poor city kids get all freaked out here in the stix!!

Shame you missed the party, Alberto, would've had much more interesting pics...

Good times though!! Great meeting you and I'll see you later!!

Process Junkie said...

LOL!! More interesting? ..you mean pics of a guy with half his face missing and blood all over the bathtub?
I heard there were lots of nice girls in costume, tho.
I won't miss it next year, I'll drive myself :).

Great meeting you as well, I did have an awesome time!

-A

manucha said...

YOU FUNNY GUY. . . you know a little danger makes it worth wild in good company. Anyways, I forgot to mention that out all the pictures, the hat suited you best, like hand in glove. It almost gives you that assistance in XX-rated vision you need to do what you do, professor.

Process Junkie said...

I look like a fucking mental case, but thanks.

-A

jesshickman said...

I'm going to have to show Grant this post...he's got a podracer helmet too.

Sandra Khoo said...

Hahahaha,great drawings as always and especially the pics. Sorry,I didn't mean to laugh while complimenting on your work. XP Love the curves u got on her. O.O

Anonymous said...

Geez, you should have that guy who picked you up and drove you (at the last minute) SHOT!!!!!
-js

Process Junkie said...

I've been contemplating that option!

-ar

Anonymous said...

Just think of all the lunches and dinners you'd miss out on!!! Besides, [creepy, evil tone] i'm your biggggggest fan.. muhahahahahahaahahah :)

js

Process Junkie said...

Yeah, that was real scary,sure!
I think you're right, you're worth more to me alive than dead, I forgot about the free food. Next time let me drive just to be on the safe side ;)